NEW YEARS: FUKUBUKURO AND NEW ITEMS!


To start. I really dislike the word haul because it assumes that I'm suddenly buying a lot of new goods when a lot of this stuff is just replacements and other items I don't previously own similar items of. 
With this in mind, I will be proceeding with my NEW ITEMS! catch because I feel that it focuses less on a fetishized consumerist desire to acquire as much as impressively possible. 

So! To celebrate the Japanese New Year, which occurs on the 1st of January, it's a little like most Lunar new year celebrations, or at least Chinese New Year for me, except it occurs on the Gregorian calendar format. 
They usually celebrate with fukubukuro, or lucky bags/lucky packs! Nowadays, a lot of brands/stores like to create new special items and limited edition goods just to put into the lucky bags for the new year! 
Most makeup brands or other things tend to put items for a discounted sale, they even sell contact solution with extra mini sizes for a reduced price! 
A brand I love, Samansa Mos, released a few lucky bags but I only managed to get my hands on the TeChiChi one! The others were on reservation only period and I just didn't have the chance to get those at all. 

For skincare and beauty, I managed to snag two of these from Shisheido! 

Two packs of face masks with some extra minis, and two packs of sleeping gel packs with about 50 sample travel packs!

The price was basically for the two full sized packs, and the samples were just free gifts. 
I don't really remember how much these retailed for to be honest, but I just ran out of my Apivita personalized day and night cream so I've used this sleeping gel pack as a replacement. 



I also had to throw out my old ecotools sponge after some rigorous use, so I've replaced them with this Rosy Rosa diamond sponge (retails for 630 JPY! Tax not included. ). 

I've had to throw out my old eyelash curler as well (which weirdly enough kept leaving stains on the side of my face where I'd press it again to curl? Just on one edge of the curler, couldn't figure it out even though I'd wiped and washed it before every use. A modern mystery.) 

I've replaced it with this Koji eyelash curler, which retailed for a pretty high end 1890 JYP (tax not included.)


The curler comes with this little case to hold it in (though I can't imagine it's that useful?) and two replacement rubber bits. 


Having used this a few times, the flatter and wider design of the curler does take some getting used to, and it has a looser spring action with the curler itself. 

The description for this eyelash curler is: 

Developed through careful research into the properties of the curves of the eyelids of women. This revolutionary curler separates each lash, curling them up and out into a gorgeous fan shape. 
Unsuitable for mass production, these special curlers are produced with artisanal skill and attention to detail.


It sounds a bit extreme but honestly this is a really great eyelash curler and keeps the curl really well.
It does a great job of separating, and most importantly, actually gets my stubborn lashes to curl pretty nicely.  


Also : I got this MAPEPE eyelash curler (ranked Cosme's 1) for 400JPY. 


The description is:

"This compact lash curler creates remarkably strong curls. It is small and perfect to bring on the go."

I've got a mixed feeling on this one, I've had a good day where I couldn't get it to work for me at all, but recently found that it worked alright the next few times I tried it. 
I still maintain, that the spring and the plastic level make it quite hard to get a good grip, and I'm terrified, of snapping off the plastic flap/lever/pulley/trigger. 
Second, also terrified of applying so much pressure that I end up pulling out my own eyelashes? It's all happening. 
It's definitely a curler that comes with a learning curve, and only about half as effective as Koji's curler, and if you move too much with the placement of this, you end up with the weird crimping action on your lashes rather than a nice smooth curve.
I wouldn't call it my favorite, but it's not a complete failure. 
I might take this out because it's top benefit is how compact and travel friendly it is, and I love travel friendly things. 

The last thing I got for myself after accidentally drowning and contaminating my Duo eyelash glue is replaced it with a D-UP one. 



Seemingly this is the year of the D-UP products. After getting their eyeliner, and (completely by coincidence) getting their amazing eye skin film, I've decided to trust the cosme number 1 icon and get this EYELASHES FIXER EX as well from D-UP just to see if they've got consistent quality. 
Have yet to try it, but from the last strong type eyelash glue I've tried, these are probably not going to budge at all. 

Anyway - this pretty much wraps up my New Years new items! 
Super happy with most of these (most.) and hope these will hold out for the long run! 

Hope everyone had a lovely start to the New Years as well, and at least some nice gifts to tide you over from Christmas! 

Comments

Popular Posts