Fernanda: Melon Smoothie

This was another scent that was part of the late summer launch which included Pineapple smoothie, this time we have Melon smoothie. Much like the Pineapple, I picked this one up in the 95 mL body splash and the rich hand cream format. While there is no extra colouring in the body splash the handcream is coloured slightly with a pale orange.

Melon Smoothie: Fresh citrus, Melon, Vanilla. A combination of refreshing fresh citrus, dripping fruit juice, rich aroma of melon, and deep sweet vanilla. A sweet scent of melting fruit

Much like Pineapple Smoothie, this is the epitome of cantaloupe/rockmelon - with all the sweetness of a ripened melon. To be totally honest, I've never been a particularly huge fan of the actual melon fruit, but in Hokkaido, the Yubari melon is very popular for how sweet and juicy it is, so I've had my fair share of amazing melon slices and melon flavored goods (including melon corn chocolate, melon jelly, melon smoothies, melon ice cream). Interestingly enough, I've also recently tried a new type of melon called 'candy melon' which actually tastes exceedingly similar to the Yubari melon with its sweetness.  So despite not actually ever really going out of my way to purchase rockmelon, I have a distinct fondness for it. Anyway, all this to say this smells exactly like Hokkaido Yubari melon - it's got all the delicious, fruity juicy sweetness here, although it's not quite as thin as melon scents usually are with the addition of a creamy, vanilla accord that just gives this a bit of depth and richness to the scent. It's very sweet, an almost sugary scent, but it's so hyperrealist and true to form to the rockmelons I have tried. While I definitely prefer pineapple between the two new smoothie scents, this one captures rockmelon in a way I've never smelt before in another indie scent and I love it dearly. 

Additional info: 
Fernanda has recently raised their prices, so the products from their store are priced as follows:
・Premium hand cream ¥1.540 (tax in)

・Premium body mist ¥3.080 (tax in)

・Eau de parfum ¥4.180 (tax in)

Comments

Popular Posts