CocoaPink: Banana Coconut Cloud Pie and Frosted Eyelet Review

I picked these scents up in their linen spray format (which, despite the name, is also fine to use as a hair or body mist) - which I am a huge fan of. With the combination of the SMAT strength (the most intense), this one gives you milage for days, and it's very much like a combo of an EDP + body spray to me. They also come in a variety of sizes,  2.5oz,. 4oz and 6oz. For anyone curious, the ingredients in the linen sprays are: Distilled Water, Caprylic/ Capric Glycerides, Polyglycerol-6 Dioleate, Glyceryl Caprylate/ Caprate, Fragrance, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol. 

CocoaPink no longer offers international shipping (they did when I made my order a while ago) unfortunately, but I hope that they will resume this service at some point in the future. However, it seems that a lot of stores seem to be mildly fearful of international shipping (I've rarely had any issues with USPS), so it's become more often than not that you'll have to rely on Ajevie as a decant service, or as a shipping service for ordering any indie products. I don't mind purchasing through Ajevie personally, but I can't help but wish there was at least a more accommodating option for those of us outside of the United States. 

Banana Coconut Cloud Pie - Harajuku Bananas, Coconut Cream Pie, Coconut Milk, Marshmallow Sugar, Vanilla Pudding, and crushed Vanilla Wafers for the crust.

I picked up this scent after falling in love with Santa's Cookies (Vanilla Bean Noel, Sugar Cookies, Marshmallow Sugar, and a splash of Harajuku Banana) but I wanted something a little less VBN heavy. I personally find this scent really fun, although it's not as full bodied as Santa's Cookies, it's a little thinner and a little watery in comparison, like faint subtle banana milk paired with sweetened coconut cream and a vanilla milkshake. Due to the coconut/vanilla, this scent also feels a little 'colder' compared to the intensity of Yellow Flip Flops (Creamy banana pudding infused with vanilla extract then blended with ripe banana slices, vanilla wafers with an extra shot of cold whipped cream), and despite all of these having a high degree of similarity and overlap with the notes, I still really enjoy this. It's probably not my favorite banana scent (I think I prefer something slightly warmer, or more rich), but it's a good one. 

Frosted Eyelet - buttercream, marshmallow, vanilla ice cream

I was initially quite wary in my first impressions of Ivory Eyelet (this exact scent plus lemon curd) because I did not at all enjoy the lemon accord in Ivory. However, this scent scratches that itch for sure - this is all the best things I loved in Ivory and none of the things I didn't like (the lemon). For me, this scent has an almost caramel-esque sweetness to it, it reminds me a lot of VBN but without the heaviness of the musk but more of that simmered, rich foodie vanilla. CocoaPink's vanilla note is relatively distinct too, and it tends to appear in all of their vanilla based blends (it has a slightly, pastry/doughy vibe to it as well), but I feel like here it's almost a solinote type blend here, and I like layering this a lot with other scents to amp up the delicious foodiness here. I used to love layering this with Banana Coconut Cloud Pie, but I have to say, it works lovely as a sort of 'vanilla fixative primer' for other gourmands too. Delish. One of my faves from the house for sure. 

Comments

Popular Posts