BPAL: Fudge Marshmallow

Perhaps my one frustration with scents like this is when there is no scent description to speak of. I know the notes are usually quite straight forward and don't need a lot to add to the description, but as someone who just loves an adjective, I really wish that there was a little something to work with here. Anyway, here is another BPAL review. Much like NAVA, I have a bit of a tumultuous relationships with the brand - the expansive catalogue of scents is nigh impossible to parse at the best of times, with an overload of text on the website, and with a flat rate shipping cost of $30USD plus the lack of samples, combined with the relatively high price point, it can be a little hard to justify any of the BPAL purchases. In addition, I've never had a particularly high hit rate with BPAL, although I consider this a blessing than a curse in most ways. For this one, I picked this up as a slonk during the Ajevie preorder.  

Fudge Mallow (from Lupercalia 2023) 

I mean, it's pretty straight forward what the scent is, a bit of chocolate fudge and perhaps, a bit of chocolate marshmallow - I wasn't expecting this scent to do very well on my skin but I was actually pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed this. It opens up with a rich, nutty slice of chocolate mud cake, with dusting of freshly cut marshmallow powder. Although this scent leans slightly plastic-y at times, especially when I huff it more, it's still a gourmand delight. For those interested, I compared this to the Hot Cocoa and Chocolate Cake layering notes from Arcana - Hot Cocoa is far more milky/creamy, very lactonic and rich (ala Swiss Miss), whereas Fudge Mallow is more sweet and chocolate/nutty. Compared to Chocolate Cake, it's far more similar with its denser composition, though Chocolate Cake is a little 'drier' and more of a light chocolate almond sponge - compared to Fudge Mallow which is a little richer and more fudgy, with more of that sweetness from the marshmallow. I definitely was expecting them to be relatively similar, but I do think its distinct enough that it's notably different from the others that I almost considered picking up a full size because it's just hyperrealistic enough to catch my interest every time I catch a whiff of it. Mmm. 

Comments

Popular Posts