Lachesca: Cleansing Sheet Review

I've reviewed other Japanese cleansing sheets before, but somehow despite always mentioning my HG, I've not actually given it it's own post. If you're curious about the ones you should avoid, I've reviewed the Bifesta and Softymo which both pale in performance to Lachesca. As mentioned, Lachesca is actually a subbrand of Softymo, however, the wipes are different and have different ingredients. Make sure to double check you're not purchasing the wrong one - I definitely have on many occasions, because different formulas/purposes have different colors. 

There are three variations to these cleansing sheets, clear, oil in and moist. 

CLEAR — cleanses and moisturises, best for normal / oily skin types

MOIST — cleanses and provides intense hydration, best for dry skin types

OIL IN — oil-based wipes that remove even the toughest of waterproof makeup

Ingredients: 

Clear: water, DPG, ethanol, BG, arch choke leaf extract, citrus leaf extract, tocopherol, polyquaternium-51, madonna lily root extract, EDTA-2Na, PEG-11 cocamide, PEG-8, PEG-8 isostearate Glyceryl, citric acid, cyclohexane-1,4-dicarboxylic acid bisethoxydiglycol, polysorbate 80, malic acid, phosphoric acid 2Na, sodium phosphate, phenoxyethanol, methylparaben, fragrance

Moist: Water, DPG, ethanol, BG, glycerin artichoke leaf extract brandy mint leaf extract tocopherol hyaluronic acid Na, Polyquaternium - 51. EDTA-2Na, PEG-11 cocamide, PEG-8, isostearic acid PEG-8 glyceryl citric acid, cyclohexane-1,4-dicarboxylic acid screw ethoxyjig recall polysorbate 80. malic acid, phosphorus acid 2Na, phosphoric acid Na, phenoxy ethanol methyl paraben, fragrance

Oil in: Water · DPG · Ethanol · BG · Glycerin · Arch Chalk Leaf Extract · Magnolia leaf extract· Tocopherol · Hyaluronic acid Na · Polyquaternium -51 · EDTA - 2Na · PEG - 11 cocamide · PEG - 8 · isostearic acid PEG - 8 glyceryl · Citric acid · cyclohexane-1,4-dicarboxylic acid bisethoxydiglycol · polysorbate 80 · malic acid · 2Na phosphoric acid · Na phosphate · phenoxyethanol · methyl paraben · fragrance

Description:  Softymo Lachesca Cleansing Sheet Moist can helps to moisture your Skin. These large three-layered makeup remover wipes are packed with cleansing water. The ultra fine and soft fibers allow you to effectively remove makeup and impurities in a simple swipe while clean deep down to the pores. There are 50 sheets meausring 15x20cm. 

My thoughts

After over a decade of using these wipes, I really have nothing negative to say about these wipes compared to every other brand I've tried. Firstly, I really like the packaging and size of the wipes - the packaging comes with a sealed top, but it has a snap plastic cap that you can reseal without worrying about the product drying out. The size of the wipes are also large enough at 15x20cm, so one sheet usually removes a whole face of heavy makeup (if you're doing drag adjacent, glued down brows, you'll probably need another sheet), and it's super effective at removing the makeup too - after using wipes I find that my face feels a little sticky, or that I will need to double wash because there is still some residual make up. The wipes themselves are also pretty good, I've never had them tear, and they're very soft on the skin, lips and eyes. 

I used to wear a lot of waterproof mascara and eyeliner and I would always have difficulty getting it all off even with popular oil/water combo removers but I've never had an issue with that when I use this wipe. I also hated oil/water removers because they would irritate my eyes, and I felt like I'd have oil in my eyes after- I never have an issue with these wipes irritating my eyes at all. Additionally, with this cleansing sheet, I never feel like I need to double wash immediately after and I can usually just splash my face with water without needing to use additional cleansers. So on all counts, this makeup wipe is basically perfect. According to the description, you can also skip using lotion after this, but I still prefer to double cleanse post makeup. If you're curious about the discernible difference is between the different formulas, to be totally honest, I've used both moist and oil in interchangably and not noticed a significant difference - both of them seem to work well with removing the makeup I usually wear, although I usually opt for the oil in so I'm not stripping too much oil from my skin because of the double cleansing. 

If you're looking for a non-wipe version, I recommend the KOSE Softymo Water Cleansing Makeup Remover Lachesca, which while has a slightly different ingredient list, is also very gentle on the eyes, isn't sticky or oily on the face, and cleans very effectively. 

Comments

Popular Posts