Astrid Perfume: Whinnies 12 and 28 Review

Whinnies is back! Honestly I haven't had the chance to try any from this collection before and anything sweet is bound to catch my attention, so I had a hard time really narrowing down exactly what I wanted to try since anything with a marshmallow note is bound to be a good time for me. 

I picked these up as slinks from Ajevie. 

Twenty-eight - marshmallow, candied muscat grapes and rosé wine 

This is definitely one of the sweetest scents out of the line up - the sugar in this one is an intense blast of syrupy grapes. This reminds me a lot of the green grape gummies from my childhood, it's unapologetically sweet and equally heavy on the grape, with just a breeze of cotton candy on the very edges. I don't quite get any rosé from this scent at all, the dry down brings down more of that squishy, soft marshmallow alongside the grape, but the grape fades into more of a neutral, fruity gummy scent. This scent isn't particularly complex or layered, but it definitely knows what it wants to be. It's not a full size contender for me, but I'll enjoy what I have of it.  

Twelve - Marshmallow with white sandwich bread, vanilla, and cinnamon glaze.

On opening, this is surprisingly rich and very savoury - it's an almost salty and very wheat heavy scent with just the barest hint of vanilla sauce and a sprinkling of cinnamon spice which adds to the heaviness in this scent. After dry down, it continues to just dry down into a soft bread and butter pudding scent, it's creamy while still having that slightly savoury edge of the bread peeking through, eventually smoothing into a sweet and puffy powdery marshmallow scent. I think this is a really delicious scent even though it morphs quite a lot from opening to end, but every stage is delicious and one for the foodies. This is definitely a full size contender for me, and probably is one of my all time favorites from Astrid. 


Comments

Popular Posts