Stereoplasm: Low Tide Review

This is Low Tide - pulled straight from the Stereoplasm's Classics collection (although to be totally honest, I don't think I've ever actually seen these being referred to as classics since classics is not the same as the general collection - which also no longer exists). Despite that, it was brought back for the little revival, and I'm keen to share my thoughts. Although not OFFICIALLY a summer blend, you can't convince me that this isn't at heart, a summer scent - I love the atmospheric vibes of the beach, as someone who's always lived close to the coast. 

Low Tide - Top notes of watermelon candy, sunscreen and shiny green sea glass. Undercurrents of soaked driftwood and small abandoned whelk shells.

This is a really fun scent - it opens up with the fun spritz of icy watermelon popsicles and watermelon slushies, and thick layers of pasty white sunscreen on top of a salty breeze. After dry down, this one really pulls more of that gorgeous salty, sea breeze scent. I adore a good salt note in scents, and I really enjoy this one - paired with just a touch of the almost floral sunscreen scent, it's remarkably pretty for an atmospheric. I also get just the barest touch of thin, sharp vanilla here, paired with the salt, and a pinch of crushed grass. For me, this is very much a, my skin but salt crusted from the seawater, still a bit white from the sunscreen and lightly misted with deodorant but better. Despite being an aquatic/atmospheric, this is somehow an incredibly wearable scent in my opinion, and one that I actually might pick up if I'm in the mood to go to the beach.

Compared to Sand Euspira from the Chiptune Collection, which is very similar to Sea of Grey (Solstice Scents) and is what I would refer to as relatively more Loch Ness adjacent, this one is far more delicate and whimsical take on the aquatic. Sort of a gateway aquatic for those who want to branch out a little but don't want to smell like motor oil, algae and deep sea monsters (just yet). 

Comments

Popular Posts