Stereoplasm: The Cozyfoot Cabin Reviews

These scents are from The Cozyfoot Cabin collection! I picked these up a while ago but realized I never posted my thoughts on the blog about it, while trying to clear my (desperately out of control) backlog of reviews. I picked these scents up originally with my first ever Stereoplasm order, so these are nostalgic classics to me. Please enjoy! 


Bumblywitch Fare: Country spice cake, chocolate chip cookies, orange cream and warm hazelnut coffee.

Hear me out. I don't like chocolate oranges. I know it's a contentious opinion, but I have never quite gotten a taste for chocolate with oranges (or even mint). But if you like chocolate oranges, this will blow your socks off. The opening of this is entirely all gorgeous orange oil (Stereoplasm's signature stunning citrus accord) paired with the nutty, smooth bite of chocolate chips and cream - like the first bite of a chocolate. After dry down, the orange cream takes a backseat, allowing more of the lightly spiced carrot cake, whipped cream and coffee to peek through a little more. Despite the opening being a little rocky, I absolutely adore the later stages post dry down of this scent - bringing through the carrot cake, the sprinkle of spices and the nutty chocolate sprinkles just here and there. For me, I'm willing to forgive this scent for its minor misstep at being ever so slightly too good at being a chocolate orange when it's willing to reveal its delicious cakey interior, but I think it's wasted on my non-believer nose when there's someone out more deserving out there searching desperately to smell exactly like a chocolate orange.  

Miss Pollywobble: Chopped maplewood, chimney smoke, english breakfast tea, gingerbread and black currant jam.

This is spiced perfection. The whole concept of the 'cozyfoot cabin' being cozy is absolutely spot on here - opening with slivers of ginger, baked gingerbread, and a steaming pot of blackberry tea, this is surprisingly warming due to the gorgeous heat of the ginger. I love ginger notes, but I don't often see it as sharp and spicy as it really is (I adore Strawberry Ginger Fizz from HOG which has a gorgeous ginger ale note but it's far more sweet than it is spicy), but here it's undeniably shredded, grated ginger here in its rawest form. This blend is also surprisingly fruity for the lack of fruit notes listed here, it has hints of lemon, lime in the sweeter aspects of the scent. While there is hardly any wood or smoke in here, I have to say, I adore this for the take on ginger here alone, and I think I'd love to grab this one as a layering option whenever I need some extra gingery spice in my day. 


Comments

Popular Posts