Deconstructing Eden: Lakshmi

Lakshmi is part of the Deities collection from Deconstructing Eden. Click here for more reviews of the house. 

Lakshmi - deep, velvety red roses, two different types of amber, a touch of Jasmine Sambac, and creamy Mysore sandalwood.

Amongst my shelves of gourmands, there's always a spot for rose scents, and I was absolutely enamoured with the sound of Lakshmi - and this is really a stunner. The rose accord here is luxurious and delectable, it has honey, candied nuances, while still retaining a fresh and sweet crushed rose petal scent - and it bursts to life once it hits the skin, just blossoming beautifully. After dry down. the golden, rich stickiness of the amber peeks through a little more, adding a darker, slightly richer tone to the freshness of the rose. The rose drenched amber carries on through the rest of the wear, with the sandalwood just gently drifting underneath to add a fragrant earthiness to the scent. I absolutely love the rose accord used here, and I think the combination of the amber and sandalwood make this a very elegant, classy floral scent. This is the type of scent I'd wear for special occasions, I think it's very pretty and feminine and I wouldn't hesitate to upsize it (if international shipping didn't cost an arm and a leg!). 


Comments

Popular Posts