Tom Ford: Jasmin Rogue Review

A short and sweet review of a mainstream! I've been trying to dabble more in traditional perfumery to branch out a little more, and it's definitely fun to get to sniff things. 

Jasmin Rogue - Top notes are Cinnamon, Ginger, Bergamot, Cardamom, Pepper and Mandarin Orange; middle notes are Jasmine, Ylang-Ylang, Neroli, Broom and Clary Sage; base notes are Amber, Woodsy Notes, Vanille, Leather and French labdanum.

I'm not usually a big white floral lover, but I found myself enamoured with how fragrant the jasmine is here - it's not at all indolic and has a lovely sweet and meditative quality to it. While the jasmine is very much the main star of the show, the other notes actually serve to give some layers and depth to the jasmine accord - the woody/smokey base adds a dryness, whereas the ylang ylang and orange add a subtle full bodied sweetness to the jasmine accord. The dry down allows the vanilla and soft leather to peek through a little more, with a hint of sweet tannic, giving me almost a jasmine tea vibe to this scent. I was surprised by how sophisticated yet nuanced this scent was - I definitely see the appeal of this for sure and while it's not for me, I wouldn't turn down a sample as I'm always a sucker for tea scents. 

Comments

Popular Posts