Mykonos: Caramel Fudge Cookie Review

Mykonos is, funnily enough, not a Greek brand, but in fact an Indonesian brand which sells fragrance (and also body mists). They're hard to get a hold of if you don't live locally, and they only sell through Indonesian online retailers (Eg. Shopee). They do have a distributor (Aurel) which sells to Malaysia and Singapore, but at the current moment, don't sell internationally. As impossible it is to find, most people pick these up from Bali (popular holiday destination), and sometimes resell on Facebook fragrance groups - which is how I got a hold of these ones. The few vials I have are decanted from a local seller, and I am eagerly waiting for 

Notes: The scent of the most delicious soft baked chocolate chip cookies filled with gooey, buttery caramel. Imagine taking your first bite, biting into the sweetness of Vanilla infused soft cookies, with chunks of melted chocolate. Top - Caramel, Cookie Dough. Middle - Caramel, condensed milk, sea salt. Base - Vanilla, musk, sandalwood, praline

This is absolutely delicious and I'm obsessed with it - it reminds me a lot of one of my favorite candles, Movie Night from Glasshouse Candles, although this has a slightly more rich and nutty, almost smoky quality to the scent. I love the rich, vanilla, cookie dough like caramel richness here - although the vanilla here reminds me a bit of the simple sweetness of Cheirosa 71 (SDJ), this is paired with a gorgeous, runny amber caramel which just adds this indulgent, but not too cloying sweetness here. Although I'm usually very fearful of musks, this just adds a slightly warmer quality to the scent, and the sandalwood is almost imperceptible past the delicious richness. I want to upsize this so I can unabashedly spray this all over myself, it's truly one of the most delicious gourmands I've had the pleasure of trying, and I will exhaust all means possible trying to get this. If you get a chance to try this, I cannot recommend it enough! 


Comments

Popular Posts