NEST: Madagascar Vanilla and Turkish Rose Review

For a perfume oil, I found these interestingly nuanced - their performance in general with the clear layers of top, middle and base notes reminds me a lot of a mainstream EDP. However, when compared to the general performance of indie oils, I found these relatively weak in both projection and wear time. I personally can't recommend these for anyone who prefers stronger perfumes, but if you're more of a fan of subtle scents, the formula of this one would be a surefire pick. I also adore the cute little bottles of perfume oil, at 3ml each. The full discovery set retails for $48USD. 

https://www.nestnewyork.com/products/perfume-oil-discovery-set

Turkish Rose: dewy rose, black plum, and hints of saffron warmed by blonde woods.

The opening on this is absolutely wonderful, it reminds me a lot of Diptyque's Eau Rose, one of the rare mainstream perfumes I happily enjoy. I enjoy the sweetness of this scent, the rose accord here has a lovely, candied and jammy quality to it. It's almost a rose solinote, except for the light aspects of lychee, fruity sugar just to add some nuance to the rose. I don't quite get any of the plum or saffron, but I do get a faint, aromatic woody base, more of a vague pale wood rather than anything intense like a mahogany, which just lingers on the skin after all the rose has dissipated. I definitely liked this one, although for the price point, I'd say there are far better rose scents out there. 

Madagascar Vanilla: the warm essence of vanilla bean, the subtle floralcy of vanilla orchid, and a hint of coconut

Despite the name, this scent is surprisingly subtle. The vanilla here is comparably understated and not at all what I expected - the vanilla here lends itself more to a feeling of soft creaminess, paired with a pop of coconut which leans a little coconutty. After dry down, I also noticed a more tuberose/white floral note at the very edges of the scent, but this scent feels a little more like a my skin but better type of blend, it comes off as a very office friendly scent, although I confess, I wish that this scent was ever so slightly more of a rich vanilla bean scent that what it ends up being, which is the lingering whispers of smeared flecks of vanilla - I personally prefer my vanillas a little richer and decadent, so this one is an easy pass for me, but I'm sure anyone interested in an office friendly or unisex light vanilla will find this one an interesting offering, especially with the lightness in wear and projection. 

Comments

Popular Posts