Immortal Perfumes: Pemberley

I have yet to really go through the Immortal Perfumes catalogue - but this is the first of the series from the house! The general tone of this house tends to lean a little more botanical, and a little more traditional with its perfumery, 

All of the scents here are available on the Immortal Perfumes website, offered in sample size (1ml), 9ml, 15ml and 1oz vials. They offer both domestic shipping within the US, but also international shipping (starting at $16USD). 


Pemberley - Rosewood, Coriander, Hyacinth, Peony, Honeysuckle, Cedarwood, Vetiver

This is a fittingly earthy scent, although it's a little less floral and fresh than I had expected. The opening and the predominant note of this scent is the mostly rosewood here - it's full bodied wood, but given a bit of lightness with a touch of honeysuckle and orange blossom so it's not too much of a solinote. However, I don't love the slightly musky cupboardy quality to this after dry down, which I think I can attribute to the coriander, a flavor which I'm very much not a fan of, and can't say that it's charming me in this blend either. The dry down brings out more of a heavier wood accord (the cedarwood), which is a little less floral and fragrant than the rosewood, but I'm largely uninspired by this one - it's not quite as fresh. floral and dewy as I'd have liked from the listed notes, but it reminds me a little more of a dirt covered, vintage book with crushed florals. I think this will be much more beloved in someone else's hands, so in the destash pile it goes. 

Comments

Popular Posts