Stereoplasm: There's a Party! Review

It's been a while since the anniversary scents were released, but I somehow hadn't managed to get my hands on them until quite a while later - but I'm glad I did, and I personally think they were well worth the wait. I passed on The Presents this time, but I'd definitely be itching to pick it up in the future I reckon, and I really enjoy Stereoplasm's fruit notes. 

The Cake: Rich vanilla cake with zesty tangerine frosting, decorated with pale pink peach blossoms and freshly blown-out candles - wax melting slightly and sending happy curls of smoke into the air. 

This is a delectable scent - opening with a rich vanilla cake, it almost has ice cream cake edge from the sweet creaminess. The vanilla note here reminds me a lot of Drink Me (Siren Song Elixirs), which has a gorgeous rich sweet vanilla whipped cream, very photorealistic, swirled in with a decadent slice of yellow cake. On my skin, I don't quite get any noticeable peeks of tangerine, peach blossom or other atmospheric elements, it gives me more of a well blended buttercream with a touch of floral/citrus sweetness. At the very end of this, I get a tinge of coconutty sweetness as well at around 4-5 hours. This scent also had relatively good throw and projection for a Stereoplasm scent - the rich vanilla note really makes itself obvious and stays. I really love this scent, it's a must try gourmand, and one of my favorites from the house. 

The Teapot: Steaming steeped black tea with bergamot, orange rind, dark tonka and budding roses - steamy and comforting, with a floral fruitiness that warms from within.

This is such a lovely afternoon tea blend - I really love the tannic tea note here, it's just a rich, intense brew of black tea, just the right amount of astringent and bitter, blended with the aromatic nuances of floral and citrus notes. I often find myself slightly whelmed at best with tea notes, even amongst the Stereoplasm catalogue, but this is a far more, rich, true to form tea note. Both the bitter and citrus elements here make this a lovely counterpart to Crumbly Capricorn (Stereoplasm), although The Teapot leans far more into the not too sweet, steaming hot black tea, while Crumbly Capricorn is your little sweet treat on the side. On opening, this has an energetic punch of dried bergamot and citrus zest, and it's brightened by the rose accord - which has a fresh, garden green note to it. For me, the tea accord really blossomed on the skin, there's no milk at all, and reminds me a lot of an earl grey and rose tea, but it's a little more peppy, bright and aromatic compared to the softer nuances of dried rose petals in tea, it's a little more fresh rose petals with a dash of rosewater. I found myself enjoying this scent a lot, and I also layered this with The Cake, which just makes for the perfect afternoon tea sweet treat. I also layered this with Crumbly Capricorn, which really boosts the softer, citrus notes here, with a decadent dose of chamomile syrup. 

I'm very glad I picked both up - they definitely did not disappoint! 

Comments

Popular Posts