Stereoplasm: Soothe Review

Soothe is part of the Summer Coolers collection from 2019 - which recently made a comeback! I was graciously sent this as a freebie with my order from the sale, and as a big green tea fan I was definitely excited to try this. I adore Stereoplasm's summery scents as they often have a lovely sugary lightness to them that just feels so perfect for the weather. Thank you again to Meaghan for this lovely treat. 

Soothe - Green tea float with peppermint schnapps and a hint of saffron.

This is a lovely scent - on opening, this scent has a soft candied mint, paired with an orange citrus saffron scent. It's a little orange juice adjacent in the bottle, but the mint is nothing more that a whisper of it, and it isn't biting or cold. After dry down, this scent is predominately full green tea, paired with a creaminess and a hint of grassiness, although it has a slight floral, honey'd quality to it. If you've tried Toasted Matchimellow, this is very similar, perhaps a less intense and sweet version of this scent. I enjoy this - I also like that this is a slightly more solinote-esque rendition, as I often found the citrus in Toasted Matchimellow just a smidge too strong for me. If anyone is curious, Stereoplasm's matcha/green tea note to me is very similar/almost identical, and to my nose, its also quite similar to the matcha note from Andromeda's Curse (in Tea Ceremony) and Epically Epic. It's what I would call, Arizona Green Tea and Honey adjacent, and it's far sweeter and more clear than Osmofolia's Matcha note. 

Comments

Popular Posts