Stereoplasm: Evoke Review

Another installment of the Stereoplasm summer specials: this one is Evoke from the Summer Coolers collection in 2019! While I really enjoyed Soothe, it definitely give me the same quintessential summery vibe that Evoke ... evokes. I'm really glad I got to try this one while it made a comeback, because I absolutely adore Stereoplasm's fruit blends. Thank you to Meaghan for sending this one through as a little gift with my order from the sale! 

Evoke - summer cauldron brew with mandelo, moonflower and ground fairy dust.

I cannot understate how much I love this scent - the opening is a bright blend of sweet fruits, although it's giving me predominantly mango, with a touch of tangerines and apples and grapes. The fruits here are not totally distinct, but they make up that fruity syrup sweetness that you get in fruit cocktails. I tried to compare the fruit accords here to some other Stereoplasm blends, but this one is truly in a league of its own, it's not really tropical like Yellowbird or Snowmallow, it's not at all citrus heavy like Orange is Technicolor, neither is it very berry/peach forward like the Valentine's collection blends. I was especially surprised at the lack of citrus due to the mandelo note being listed here. Post dry down, this scent has slight aspects of the moonflower and fairy dust here, there's a slight floral tinge to this scent that keeps it from going full fruit bowl, and there's also a dab of bitter, cologne adjacent flavor that's just fading in and out that keeps it grounded as well. Maybe that's the fairy dust. Although it's not quite the same, this reminded me a lot of Yellow Nog - while the sweetness of the fruit is the main star of the show, there's just something darker lurking in the back that just grounds the scent from going full teenage sugar fruit bomb. That said, I like unrepentant levels of sweetness, but I think this one is just sweet enough that I'll be reaching for it all summer this year. 

Comments

Popular Posts