Stereoplasm: Grieve in Stereo Review

I picked this up during the Stereoplasm sale, but this is currently available as part of their Summer Mixed Tape collection on their website

Grieve in Stereo - Graveyard flower, vanilla sugar, doll hair, empire apple and antique wood.

When blind testing this, I got a lot of bubble gum, sugar syrup, a touch of flat soda, and some aspect of lemons - and I was definitely quite off from my guesses. On opening, this scent really leans towards more of that indistinct fruity sweetness, with a touch of vanilla (but it's not creamy or sharp), rather more of a fruit punch bubblegum wrapped in plastic, kid's fruit shampoo and a touch of 'atmospheric' in the background. After dry down, this scent blossoms a little more with the crisp cut apple, leaning into more of a sugary apple cordial quality, paired with a rich, dark woody base. This scent is a bit of a shifter, although the initial wear channels more fruit, the sweet fruitiness gives way completely to a darker, woody scent with a breeze of heady, full bodied white florals. I didn't get much of the more atmospheric angles after the initial wear, but the overall scent is definitely a bit of a head turner - with the integration of the fruit, floral and wood. I had a wear time of 5-6 hours with this scent, and had medium throw with this scent. This isn't one I find myself gravitating towards, but I can't deny the pop punk/scene vibes this gives me. It's sort of what I imagine walking into a Hot Topic would smell like. 

Comments

Popular Posts