Roja: Serenity Blend and Lost in Paris Review

Small note - I have no idea why the descriptions given on websites of the same brand often vary wildly in the format of what it actually is, so we're directly giving most of the important information here. 

Serenity Blend 

Discover Serenity Blend Eau de Parfum by Roja, a contemplative tea fragrance inspired by the timeless ritual of tea ceremony and the harmony between East and West. Minimal yet deeply expressive, Serenity Blend explores calm, balance and quiet sophistication through delicate florals and soft aromatic warmth. Chamomile opens the fragrance with gentle herbal softness, creating an immediate sense of stillness and clarity. Magnolia unfolds at the heart with creamy floral elegance, while the grounding presence of tea creates a serene and meditative finish that lingers softly on the skin.

Top notes: Chamomile

Heart notes: Magnolia

Base notes: Tea

For me - Serenity Blend is an almost perfect scent of freshly brewed tea - the chamomile evokes an almost osmanthus like profile, reminiscent of Osmanthus Tea (One Day), with a delicate floral sweetness that elevates it from the typical iced tea green profiles of other tea scents (looking at you Nishane). I deeply love this scent and even the white floral of the magnolia adds a fresh green/stem/crushed leaves quality to the scent. At the price point, this one's a bit of a gawker, and too similar to Osmanthus, which I already own, but I'm surprised by how much I liked it - it's one I'd recommend for sure and a great introduction to Roja. 

Lost in Paris 

An olfactory spectacle like no other, Lost In Paris by Roja whisks you away in a breathtaking rush of sensations. A tribute to the opulence of Parisian high society, this fragrance captures the art of indulgence after dark. Inside a lavish setting, a Michelin-starred chef transforms the ordinary into the extraordinary — elevating ingredients into a masterpiece of sensory delight. Succulent oranges sizzle in a golden pool of butter and caramelized brown sugar, while a splash of rum ignites a luscious glaze over a rich foundation of vanilla bourbon and ambergris. A love letter to decadence, An Evening In Paris is an extravagant fusion of the finest gourmand notes, crafting an experience that is nothing short of sublime. 

Top notes: Orange (bitter), Mandarin, Orange (blood), Rum, Grand Marnier note

Heart notes: Caramel, Sugar (caramelised), Butter

Base notes: Ambergris, Woods (cashmere), Cedarwood, Cinnamon, Musk, Vanilla, Pepper (pink/rose)

On opening, this one is almost terrifying, the clash of both the grand mariner with the citrus and booze with the caramel almost turned me off it, but quick dry down mellows out the scent far more, with a rich luxurious warm caramel and a touch of citrus adding a bit of a light lift to the scent. For me, this is a bit of a hard one to love, and the rest of the wear on this one isn't quite as nice as I'd like, with the musky vanilla and sweet butter (and just a hint of something sharp?) not truly bringing me any joy, and with the price point (a whopping 1800AUD), I think I'm fine to skip this one, despite the storytelling with this one. 

Comments

Popular Posts