Yoshesque: Bayonetta Earrings (Review)

One of my absolute favorite games of all time is Bayonetta, and honestly, I love the character to bits too. Bayonetta has impeccable style, and I've always loved her earrings from Bayonetta 2 (the blue triangles). I absolutely love game elements and I love wearing accessories that my favorite characters have (I'm slowly building my collection here), but I was pleasantly surprised when I saw all of the earrings from Bayonetta on a little Etsy shop which also happened to be located in Australia. 


 Yoshesque is an Etsy shop which does all things Bayonetta - they sell the Bayonetta glasses, the Love is Blue and Scarborough Fair charms, some ribbons for cosplay and also the Umbran Watch and compacts which are all super true to the game design. And of course, they sell the fantastic earrings that look straight out of the game! 

They also do international shipping - but the domestic shipping was a little pricey, coming in at $15 AUD! Not sure why it's so expensive as the dimensions and weight of the earrings are not enough to go over $9 AUD typically, but it is what it is. 


Bayonetta 1: Bayonetta's earrings


This is a super cute design! I absolutely love how it's identical to the game design, which is a huge bonus for me. These were only $10 AUD for the stud design, the length of these are 8cm. Although the website says that these are 8g, I weighed mine and they actually come in at around 12g - so they're quite heavy.

In terms of care - these are gold plated stainless steel cats, so I've been really careful to wipe these down and not do anything abrasive with them as gold plated things tend to wear away quite quickly. 

I really like these earrings but personally I'm not a huge fan of the plastic stud they've used for this pair, and I find these a little on the heavy side - but they are so gorgeous to look at! I only wish they were a smidge lighter and thinner, but these are really luxurious and very weighty for the price. 

Otherwise, these are perfect. The design cast on the metal cats is wonderful, the edges are rounded, the little stud and bead detail are all carefully made and everything looks super professional. 

Final thoughts: I feel super badass with these, even if I have to take them off earlier than I'd like. 8/10 


Bayonetta 1: Jeanne's Earring (s)



These are unexpectedly my favorite design! Coming in at $5 for one earring (this is sold as a single unit, not a pair), this is also made of gold plated stainless steel. The total length is 7cm, but the weight of this is around 5g (the website says 6g, but I've weighed them and they're a bit less.)

I think I'd prefer if the drop chain on the earring was just a smidge shorter, I think the way they've made this is absolutely perfect. The metal is super lightweight, I haven't experienced any chains coming loose, and the stud comes with a metal stopper at the back which is lovely. 

These are incredibly well made and look amazing when worn - I love these to bits. And because it's technically correct to only wear one, I usually only do that and I don't mind telling you, I feel very cool. 

Final thoughts: So perfect. They're so stylish and easy to wear. 10/10


Bayonetta 2: Bayonetta's Earrings 


I mean, come on. look at them. Aren't they amazing???  Out of all the readily available and affordable options for this design, Yoshesque actually smashes this out the park. Coming in at $25 AUD for the pair, this is silver plated stainless steel, with a total length of 8cm and each earring is around 6g (although the listing claims it is 5g). That said, this is also the most lightweight and comfortable to wear out of the available options. I actually commissioned a pair of these earrings from another Etsy shop, and those come in at 16g for each earring - so this was a welcome change. I wore this last week and got so many compliments (although no one knew where it was from) - but I managed to wear it for 8 hours without any issues. 

This also comes with the game's diamond shaped stud and a metal stopper at the back - which is a really lovely touch. The design is a little more flat than the actual earrings, but the hexagon in the middle has lovely movement as well. My only gripe is that because they do move so much, they usually end up clinking quite loudly, but otherwise they're perfect. 


For context, there are actually a proper pair of earrings that were made in collaboration with the game, and this is what they look like. However, these are extremely heavy. Design wise, Yoshesque had traded aesthetics and authenticity in the design for comfort and weight in this case, but I'd personally love to see both versions in the shop (as the original earrings retail for about $200 USD), and because I love getting the most authentic designs, I'd totally love to see a pair just as a collector's item because they have this amazing depth and shape to the design that echoes the game design perfectly. 

Final thoughts: While isn't an exact replica, it's still pretty great. 9/10. 

The authentic game earrings! 

Disclaimer: All of these products were purchased with my own money. I was not sponsored for this review or affiliated with this brand, and all opinions are my own, and do not reflect the brand's opinions or interests.

Comments

Popular Posts