Inspired: Hokkaido Eyeshadow Palette

With inspired scents, the next up on that list was definitely inspired eyeshadow palettes. With all the eyeshadow themes out there - including the pizza toppings palette, this was definitely a fun one to come up with. I also would love to be able to make this palette like Nomad Cosmetics does - being able to integrate marbled shades and impressions onto the actual eyeshadows to mimic the inspirations. 

To build on the Hokkaido scents post - Hokkaido is a place with so much natural and fresh produce, and they're very well known for a lot of things, corn, ikura (salmon roe), crab, pumpkin, potatoes, asparagus, melon, lavender. Each region tends to have different specialities - such as Biei's asparagus and Furano lavender, and closer to coastal areas you get a lot of fresh seafood as well. 

Although there are definitely more shades I wanted to put in, I think this was a fun starting point for me - a medium sized palette with a good range of colors that you could use as an every day palette with some fun pops of color. When I started arranging these shades, I went pretty basic with the organization, just a simple gradation of lighter to darker and vaguely grouped by color. However, I find that I typically enjoy having things organized by color for me anyway, so this is what speaks to me the most when it comes to using them - although I'd love to try making some color stories and quads like ABH tends to do!  


Oyster - cool blue with a light grey shimmer 
Red Kuri Squash (Pumpkin)- bright matte orange 
Kitami Onion - neutral brown  
Yakitokibi Corn- bright matte yellow 
Yubari Melon - bright green melon rind with yellow reflects 
Hanasaki Crab- shimmery rich red 
Jaga Pokkuru (Potato) - matte mid tone brown
Asupara (Asparagus) - muted dark green 
Makkari Rice - matte off-white cream   
Snow Beef - dark, warm brown, red reflects
Furano Lavender Ice - matte mid tone purple  


I think the picks for Makkari Rice, Jaga Pokkuru, Onion and Snow Beef are exactly what I envisioned for them - I would love to see some sort of bowl of rice imprinted as a design, and the chips design on Jaga Pokkuru. I think Onion would also look kinda cute with an onion on it, the same with Yakitokibi corn and Red Kuri Squash and Hanasaki crab. I would absolutely love to see a Yubari Melon eyeshadow with a white lattice overspray to mimic the outside of the melon - although the shade I chose for this is a matte green, I would prefer it to have flecks of yellow or glitter to mimic the graininess of melon rind, or even orange reflects to mimic the fruit inside. For asparagus, I would like the shade to be a smidge lighter, and I also prefer a paler neutral purple for Furano Lavender - to mimic Farm Tomita's signature purple with their ice cream. Lastly, I think I would love a shifty silver and blue quality to Oyster - with the colors of the shell inside as well. 

I had a lot of fun making this palette - I feel like I also got to shop my stash a little to bring new life to shades I might not usually look at, and I can't wait to use this to create some interesting new looks and color combinations! 

Comments

Popular Posts