Stereoplasm: Raspbunny Review

This was part of Stereoplasm's special Monthly Fragrances - a special blend for April 2023. I've also mentioned I've had minor difficulties with the rollerball being quite tricky with rolling out product evenly on application. I've expressed my issues with this format directly to the house, but whether or not this will be fixed in the future as of now, I can't be sure. 

Raspbunny - Creamy light pink chocolate with fluffy peaks of sugary yellow marshmallow

This scent is a little bit of a strange one - I've had generally good opinions about Stereoplasm's chocolate notes but this blend really takes a while to develop into its best form. The opening of this scent is almost garish, it's a clash between the cocoa oil, almost akin to a dusty cocoa powder scent, and the sugary, sticky sweet berry cream candy - it's not cohesive at all, and feels like something mashed together on second though. However, after dry down and letting the cocoa oil air out means that the loveliness of the raspberry/strawberry sweetness paired with a creamy sugary sweetness comes out. This stage of the scent is lovely and sweet, a soft lactonic edge to the otherwise bright and sugary berry note. The berry/pink scent here is very similar to the usual strawberry accord from Lovesick Lake and Bloom and Pucker (Stereoplasm), but it's much softer and tempered by the sugary marshmallow. I do like this scent, especially at the later stages of wear, but I'm a little unsure about where I sit on it because of the opening. Having also given it an appropriate amount of time to chill, perhaps this is one that might benefit from aging, but I can't deny I have mixed feelings about this one. Perhaps if this was more linear I'd enjoy it a lot more, but I can't say I look forward to sitting through an unpleasant dry down to get to the good stuff. Give me the good stuff. Now. Immediately. 


Comments

Popular Posts