Sora Dora: Jany Review
Jany
A garden in summer. The calm of a sunny siesta. And a children's snack. Jany. She's busy in the kitchen, between sugar and flour. What she likes to prepare, above all other delicacies, is tarte tatin. The butter melts on the glass. She drops the brown sugar grains in the silence of a fine, icy rain. Its scent swirls around the room, echoes to the veranda, travels to the path. Baked apples and cinnamon sticks fade into the exhalations of puff pastry. Then come caramel, almonds and vanilla, powerful aromas that linger into the evening. Antoine's daughter, Jany carries the fragrance of his recipes, cakes, madeleines and cookies. An original childhood pastry, Jany delivers the aromatic memories of all our unforgettable delicacies. Here's to your emotions.
Fragrance Notes
Baked Apple, Peach, Apricot, Ceylon Cinnamon Essence, Pate Feuilletee, Osmanthus Absolu, Walnut, Caramel, Almond, Vanilla, White Musk
This is a difficult one for me to love. At 325AUD for 50ml, I was whisked away by this scent the first time I smelt it - a gorgeous unfolding of nutty caramel, the sugared caramel apple slices, I was in love. But on my skin, this fades almost immediately to a musky sweet scent, and turned oddly flat, without any of the brightness of the fruit or the richness of the caramel. While on clothing/hair, the longevity of this scent does last a little longer, it's the body and the later phases of the scent which doesn't work for me. If this was a solinote without any shifting, I would have been sorely tempted to pick this up, but given the price tag compared to other blends I've loved before, this one was a pass, but I'd definitely recommend this for everyone to have a sniff - I've rarely been captivated by a gourmand from more high end niche brands, but this one was a close contender.



Comments
Post a Comment