Tearth: Sweet Honey Chocolate Review

Trying out some of the new teas I picked up from Tearth - they're a Japanese tea brand founded in 2017 based in Osaka, Japan. They have a line up of 28 different flavors of tea, with most of them with a base of ceylon tea, picked from Sri Lanka. 

Small note on the packaging, I do like these a lot - the different colored packaging to reflect the taste of the tea is a lovely touch, although the tea bags themselves are your standard, rectangle, filter paper tea bags. The brand also only sells the teas in tea bags (so, no loose leaf option). 


Sweet Honey Chocolate :100% Ceylon tea with aroma of chocolate and honey will melt in your mouth.

For those with a sweet tooth, this is an amazing tea. On first sip, even when sniffing this tea, I was surprised by how realistic it smelt, it's a stunning rendition of the notes listed, almost like a more watery blend of hot milk chocolate with a big dollop of honey swirled in. However, for me, after the first few sips, I feel this blend is a little TOO sweet for me - although I didn't really check the ingredients for the tea, it turns out this blend has honey powder and other sweeteners, including aspartame already pre-added into the tea bag itself. I really do like the blend of the ceylon tea here otherwise, the balance of the tea adds a much needed aromatic bitterness to the sweet chocolate and the honey syrup, and out of the few chocolate blend teas, I have to say, I really do like this one, although I wish there was a version with a bit less sugar and sweeteners, as I usually don't take my tea with any sugar. After the initial first pass, the chocolate and the honey notes also fade a little, so all I can taste is sugar and tea - which just is a little too sugary sweet for me. That said, it's definitely a must try if you happen to come across this brand. 

Comments

Popular Posts