if you were a magical water dragon temple keeper but make it nails


I've been so blessed to be able to do more nail sets for other people recently - so I'll definitely be sharing more of these sets I was able to do. I also love the opportunity to do more things outside of my comfort zone, and I have really enjoyed it! I'll also try to be posting more reviews about some of the products I've been using. 

For this set, I was asked by a friend to do a set inspired by their V-Tuber design earlier this year - and I was very excited! I love the process of translating elements from one design into nails and as they're also an artist, we worked really closely in trying to convey as much of their character into the design! We ended up settling on using a matte color as shiny topcoats didn't look as good on camera - and also using more of a contrast in color for more of a pop. 

For me, I really loved seeing the colors pairing really nicely together, and I also really enjoyed doing the scale details on the fingers - dappling with a little bit of metallic silver and also the contrast between the matte and shiny top coat. The pearls also came out really lovely - it reminded me a lot of Mermaid Melody Pitchi Pitchi Pitch! 



Products used: 

Bettygel -Sticky Base  
Cangel - EX Top Coat 
Kokoist - Velvet Matte Non Wipe Top Coat 
Pregel Muse - MB969 Caribbean Blue, MB973 Cenote Lagoon, M397 Classical Wine
Kimagure - 8001, 8002 
Others - White half pearls and gold leaf. 


Comments

Popular Posts