Pudding Nails

Another Irotoiro design - this time the absolutely adorable spin on Japanese purin. Japanese pudding/purin is fantastic, just as a treat in itself, but amplified by my love for Kenma's pudding hair (from Haikyuu), Pompompurin from Sanrio, and the recent collaboration with Nanami Kento (from Jujutsu Kaisen) in a Pompompurin beret and Pompompurin in a Nananmi business suit and tie. It's honestly the most adorable and cutest thing ever, and like, I need a bit of themed happiness in my life right now. 


For this design, I felt that the key point was definitely the design - to be perfectly honest, despite having replicated the pudding color to a close enough dupe of the original design/puddings in general, it is mildly unflattering on my skintone (not that this is a huge concern of mine usually, but the photographs make my hands look very ruddy in comparison). I also ended up opting for a whiter base for the non-yellow pudding bases, as I felt that the design would pop better that way. 

The overall color palette of this design was relatively simple, and required a bit less mixing. The products I used this time were: 

Base: Ageha base
Top: Kokoist 
Colors: Kokoist Deep Papaya, Smoky Cloud, Rouge Red, Bitter Chocolate, Leafgel Pure White

Colors and details: For the pudding yellow base I used about 40% deep papaya and 60% pure white. For the sauce tips I used Bitter chocolate. For the thumb and middle finger, I mixed a touch of Smoky cloud with Pure white to soften the white a bit. 

For the design on the spoon and pudding holder, I mixed varying ratios of Smoky cloud with Pure white to create the dimension and shade, using bitter chocolate as a defining edge for certain parts. Bitter Chocolate actually also a cool toned brown, so this plays well with grey tones. For the pudding on the nail, I used a 50:50/60:40 ratio of Deep papaya and Pure white depending on the intensity of the color - and for the middle nail the original design uses some definition around the edges of the pudding, which I added a touch of Bitter chocolate. I would recommend curing more frequently each layer, as not doing so will muddy the colors. For the cherry, I used Rogue red and Bitter chocolate for the stem. 

 


At this point, I'm definitely looking forward to one day having my nails done with some adorable design by Irotoiro - the visual design and vision here with the intricacies make me want to work harder at refining my skills but the designs also are just things I love to look at. Although I'd love to try to do more original designs right now, I feel like I'm at a point where I have to focus on building technique, although it's just a smidge difficult to keep trying to replicate complex designs using both my dominant and non dominant hands - hence the pretty shoddy difference on my designs, although they're definitely not as bad as I think they could have been. It's also extremely difficult to take a picture of both hands without help, but I've tried my best! 

Comments

Popular Posts