Andromeda's Curse: Summer Treats Collection Review

As part of my first Andromeda's Curse order, I got the sample set of the Summer Treats collection. This apparently seems to be a yearly occurrence (full disclosure, I got these in 2019). I just didn't really enjoy the collection a lot so I put this off for ages, but uh, for reference, here it is, a sort of quick overview because I was seriously waiting to love these, and I just didn't. To add to the brevity, there was literally no listed noted for any of the scents, so this is really just... ... this. 
All these scents lasted around 2-3 hours on me with low projection and throw. They're available for purchase at Andromeda Curse on Etsy (but during Summer). 

Rocket Pop 

This isn't it. I can't describe the sheer terror of the sharp and bitter combination that this gives me but boy it is a real scrubber. I don't know what rocket pops taste like but if it's this, I don't like it. 

Orange Dreamsicle 

I really love how it smells in the vial, very creamsicle and orange and creamy, but on my skin it just turns to straight sweet creamy vanilla with zero orange with this weird woody sandalwood base? Like creamsicles but melted on a wooden cabinet. Not great. 

Banana Candy

This uh, doesn't really smell like banana? Or banana candy? This has a weird cherry syrup aspect to it, like banana musks drizzled with cherry cough syrup. Not for me. 

Rainbow Sherbet

Huh this is like, bitter, tangy, astringent, green, musk and sugary? Post dry down, it does get better in the sense that it does get slightly sweeter, like a mixed fruit bubblegum scent. I guess rainbow suits it because it sort of shifts between different pseudo-fruit scents, but this doesn't really taste like any sherbert I've ever had. I'm not a fan. 

Cotton Candy Bubblegum

Opening is wonderful - a lovely tooth achingly sweet blend of all the artificial fruit flavours in pink bubblegum, but the dry down brings this strange aspect of bitter tea, and then like, minty fruit toothpaste. This is a bit on the wrong side of funky for me. 

Neapolitan Ice Cream Sandwich

Another one of those scents that smell real nice in the bottle - it's got that nice bready chocolate biscuit sandwich note with a touch of vanilla and strawberry but once it hits my skin it's all cherry and strawberry cough syrup with this dusty chocolate funk. Not a fan. 

Disclaimer: I am not sponsored for this review or affiliated with this brand, and all opinions are my own, and do not reflect the brand's opinions or interests.

Comments

Popular Posts