Outremer: Vanille Review

Another instalment of the popular niche gourmands - although this one isn't quite as prolific as one of the more well knowns (eg. Bianco Latte, Bake, SDJ), I have seen this mentioned quite a bit and picked it up as a decant from a local group. I ended up also getting a full size version of this, as the full size (50mL) is only $22 USD! I also really like the art nouveau style label, and the bottle can also be twisted off (it's not crimped). 

Notes: Vanilla, Cotton Candy

Based on the notes alone, I actually think this reminds me a lot of a simple blend of vanillin and ethyl maltol - which I enjoy greatly! I don't think it's particularly complex for what it is, but it's a lovely layering note. Although the name suggests that this is more vanilla heavy, this is actually much more cotton candy like - and reminds me a little bit of Spun Sugar (CocoaPink) but a little less cloying and plastic-y. The cotton candy is the most prominent on opening, but the scent does mellow out a little after dry down, and has a hazy cotton candy cloud above sweet, neutral vanilla. The vanilla accord here is more of syrupy vanilla extract type profile, but it's comparatively very soft and muted presence next to the cotton candy. Between the decant and the FS bottle I got, I found the decant slightly paler than the rich amber shade in the FS, and it was also slightly less intense in projection - I found the wear time of the FS lasted around 6/7 hours, but I do find the intensity of the FS a little cloying at points. Besides that, I have layered this scent on top of others, and the simplicity of this scent meshes well, and adds sweetness to some of the darker, bitter scents, but is lovely on its own anyway. I definitely enjoyed this, and for the price point, it's really quite a steal if not for the international shipping costs! 

Comments

Popular Posts