Saturday, 8 September 2012

Foundation?

So I know I've done a video on foundation but here comes personal opinion/review time..
Foundation is one of the hardest things to get. Although there may be eyeshadows that don't look good on you, if they're just a 'few shades off', it's not too noticeable. But one of the biggest mistakes one can make, is to have a foundation that doesn't match their shade (when trying to look natural) and especially their neck..
Generally, you'd want to look like you have no foundation on. 

I personally don't like the MAC foundation very much. 
I got the NC20. I had asked the SA to match my skin tone and she suggested the NC20. I wasn't quite sure, but being quite new to foundations, I went along with it. After using it for a while, I realized it didn't photograph that well and wasn't very consistent with my skin tone. I personally don't like the shade because it is extremely yellow on me, and I already have quite 'yellow' toned skin, because of the Asian heritage and all. 
I'm also not a huge fan of it because it has a dewy finish, and when applying with almost anything, is a streaky mess and although I prefer light coverage, really doesn't look that great. Also makes my skin feel extremely sticky when just worn alone. 

For Max Factor's Weightless Foundation, 

This time, I was a little smarter and actually tried out the foundation in a well lit environment, covered at least half of my face with it and judged for myself if I liked the finish.
(I did.)
I really like it, not just because the tone actually matches my face, color wise, and isn't too yellow.
Rt has a nice matte finish and blends very well. It has medium coverage, and looks wonderful when applied. Also isn't streaky.
(It's a bit dark on my arm, but my face is a little darker than my arm... please excuse the blotchy arm)
The only gripe I have is the wear time of the foundation, because it's quite creamy in consistency, so it will probably fade away in around 4 hours tops.
It doesn't really bother me, and it's all up to you.

:)


No comments:

Post a Comment