Saturday, 25 February 2012

Brown Smoky Eye/Leather Boots Tutorial





 This is the picture tutorial for a brown smoky eye, a fall/autumn kind of look, inspired by brown leather boots. (Those are Michael Kors boots) I really like this look, and I hope you like it too! It's very easy, simple, and all these products can be altered/replaced, if you are on a budget, or these colors don't work for you.

I started off with priming the lid with an urban decay 24/7 liner in Underground. Any taupe/brown base will do. If you are a warm toned person, MUFE's aqua cream in 15 is a great substitute. I used a synthetic brush as the liner is a very creamy product. You can use your fingers as well :)
 For the inner half of the lid, I used Shu Uemura's eyeshadow in Beige 822(or any light brown shadow), just to set the liner. I used a fluffy brush.
 On the outer half of the lid, I used MAC's espresso(or a dark brown shadow) to create shape and gradient effect on the lid. I also used my fluffy brush again, to mix a little bit of the beige shadow and blend the harsh edges away.
Using Shu Uemura's eyeshadow in Gold 331 (any gold will do) to apply it to the middle of the lid, and on the whole of the lower lashline. I used a stiff flat brush. 

Using a blending brush, I used a little bit of Laura Mercier's Vanilla Bean (or any kind of a little lighter than skin color) and blended away the edges of espresso, and added a tiny bit of highlight.

 Using a dark brown gel liner (any liner will do, but I've used inglot's amc matte liner in 90), I applied this on my upper and lower lashline, smudging it out slightly, to create the 'smoky look'. You can smudge with a brush or fingers, your choice.

Using Laura Mercier's Granite, I defined my brows slightly, using an eyebrow brush. You can use any eyebrow pencil or eyeshadow you desire. :)

I finished the eyes with a few coats on my top and bottom lashes with sasatinnie's mascara. 

Using an dusky pink shade, I applied this to my cheeks. I'm using Inglot's blush in 28.

 To finish off with the lips, I used a dior lip shade (no idea about the name.) and it's an earthy red.


 And here's the finished look! :) I hope you like it, and below is the video! Enjoy~

No comments:

Post a Comment